Twisted, gapping, protruding, or crooked teeth may make a person reluctant to smile with confidence. When it comes to straightening crooked teeth, patients today have many options. At Biltmore Dental Center, Dr. Sameet Koppikar is a 5-star rated, Top Dentist, who has been recognized by his peers with nomination for the Doctor's Choice Award. Dr. Koppikar believes that everyone deserves respect, personal attention, and gentle dentistry to achieve the smile of his or her dreams.
Dr. Koppikar and our family-friendly professional dental team offer patients several choices for resolving bite issues and aligning teeth for a healthier smile. They include:
Veneers, as the name implies, are designed to cover the front of the teeth with a thin layer that is custom-designed to look like naturally straighter, whiter, flawless, and even teeth. For a movie-star smile, veneers can be a simple and affordable solution for patients who want to resolve minor imperfections.
Conventional braces are a tried and true solution for those with severely misaligned bites or jaws.
Six Month Smiles
Called "cosmetic braces" because they address only the teeth that are visible in the smile, Six Month Smiles braces are white, making them less detectable, and achieve results in significantly less time than traditional braces, usually in about six months.
For patients who want to correct bite issues and align their teeth without the perceived stigma of visible braces or the potential discomfort of brackets and wires, Invisalign technology offers discreet, clear, removable plastic alignment trays for gentle repositioning of the teeth. Using a series of custom-designed alignment trays, the teeth gradually shift into the desired position. Some of the benefits that Invisalign technology offers over conventional braces include:
- The trays may be removed whenever a patient desires, although should be worn 20 - 22 hours per day for maximum effectiveness
- Because there are no wires or brackets, and they may be removed for eating, there are no food restrictions
- Clear trays are virtually invisible and do not impair a patient's ability or desire to speak or smile
- Optimal oral hygiene may be maintained without trying to clean or remove debris around wires or between teeth
- The smooth, comfortable trays are less likely to cause irritation of the cheeks or gum tissues
For more information about Invisalign or other straightening options, call us today at [phone].
Back to Invisalign Home Page